Sunday, April 21, 2013

Zoo Creatures: Lions, Tigers and Bears!


Zoo Field Trip Fun!
Will you be making the proverbial field trip to the zoo this spring? Here are some ideas to help bring your adventures to life -- with or without the actual visit. 

The subtitle for this RoundUP could be 'Paper Plates' brought to life. 

photo of: Zoo Velcro Matching Game on Easel (via Jungle + Zoo RoundUP at RainbowsWithinReach)
Zoo Match Game with Velcro Pieces

I've gathered up a lot of exotic animals that I've seen during my author-illustrator school visits for your inspiration! Let's get started with this sweet DIY matching game that I saw up in Taylor, MI. 

Die-cut animals. Poster board. Lamination. VELCRO! Voila!

Match the Animals (with Velcro) 

Let's get started with the LIONS! You know they call me the "Lion Lady" right? There's an AMAZING story of the whys behind my moniker. It has to do with an Oprah medical miracle story and my contribution to a young boy's first spoken word. Honest. If you have time and a tissue you could read my backstory

Lions and....................

photo of: Lion Mask Using Party Plate, Tissue Paper and Pipe Cleaners via Jungle RoundUP at RainbowsWithinReach

photo of: Lion Art project for children, jungle theme art for preschool, zoo project idea

photo of: Zoo art project for preschool, cutting practice for preschool, Head Start Art in zoo animals




Now. Let's add some TIGERS! 

Anything that you can build on a paper plate is a pretty accessible project, right? How cute are these? You know how I appreciate when teachers allow children to create their own work. You can see that these children were allowed to work independently. HURRAY: real work!



Here are some Floridian tigers. From more mature students. 

photo of: Tiger art project for zoo or jungle theme, tigers in elementary Art

These are my 'bears' for the RoundUP. 
I think they could qualify as Panda Bears. Right? 
They were on the Ohio bulletin board on Valentine's Day.
See how they are all heart variations? 
Ubber-cute -- whatever time of year. 


I wanted you to see one 'up-close' so that you can see the fine motor work underway -- with the cutting practice and scissor work. Clever and independent. 


As long as we're at the zoo....... let's see what else I have in my storehouse to review. 
Let's stay on the black and white channel for a little bit. 

ZEBRAS!!!
Notice the continuing theme of paper plates?


PENGUINS!!! 

photo of: Penguin Project via RainbowsWithinReach Winter RoundUP

photo of: Fine Motor Leads to Fine Arts: Penguin RoundUP RainbowsWithinReach



photo of: Penguins Frozen in Ice (Penguin RoundUP at RainbowsWithinReach)

Now to conclude with my personal favorite: 
GIRAFFES!!

photo of: Giraffe bulletin board, Art project for jungle theme, Tall giraffe paintings


Paper Plate Giraffes 



Did you see my article on Friday? I received the most amazing 'thank you' card with the student photo-faces as the giraffe spots. Such a clever idea! 




Hope that these ideas will inspire your exotic fun. 

***YES!!!!!!! By all means, please pin anything and everything that made you smile. The majority of my readership is as a result of your pinning kindness. THANK YOU! 
-- Debbie -- 
Follow Me on Pinterest
I'm now at 116,685 followers!     
Click this link to go there directly! 
Pre-K, Kindergarten, First, Second, Third, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth - TeachersPayTeachers.com
Now at 301 followers!
*** I've done some Amazon window shopping for you. 
Yes. I'm an affiliate and your shopping that originates here benefits me. 
Thanks! 

1 comment:

  1. love your zoo animal crafts. I hope to try them out this week.

    ReplyDelete

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...