Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Classic Kinder Classroom Creativity

photo of: Classic Creative Classroom via RainbowsWithinReach

CLASSIC CLASSROOM CREATIVITY

Today let's take a look around a delightful classroom that I had the pleasure of visiting last month in FL just before we started north. I know my regular readers enjoy looking over my shoulder, as I dash in and out of classrooms around the country making my author-illustrator school visits. This one's a BEAUTY! 

Mrs. Brunner's kindergarten room sparkled with black-and-white design elements and polka-dots, too! 
You're going to LUV LUV LUV these 'center titles' splashed around the room. Look closely. They are 'built' 
on black dessert paper plates. CLEVER!

photo of: Creative Centers in Kindergarten via RainbowsWithinReach

This is a teacher with a real sense of 'design' and she's really gone to plenty of DIY effort to make her classroom both inviting and organized. Here's a close-up of the reading center title. SWEET!

photo of: Reading Center Title at RainbowsWithinReach

This same theme is carried out throughout the room. 

photo of: Transportation Details at RainbowsWithinReach

Here's a little peek at some polka-dots.

photo of: Behavior Chart in Kindergarten via RainbowsWithinReach

I had an earlier RoundUP of Behavior Charts in classrooms. 
I'll have to add this one to the earlier RoundUP. 

photo of: Behavior Charts in the Classroom (Behavior Chart RoundUP via RainbowsWithinReach)

Speaking of earlier RoundUPs..... 
Take a look at this system of 'buckets-for-filling.' 

photo of: "Have you Filled a Bucket Today?" Buckets in shoe organizer! Classroom decor and organization at RainbowsWithinReach


Here's the link to the RoundUP of buckets that I just pulled together. How did I miss this system of Mrs. Brunner? Her method of keeping all of the buckets together in a shoe organizer is sheer genius! 

photo of: Buckets and Character Development RoundUP at RAinbowsWithinReach

The wall in the far corner of the room acts as a bulletin board for a brilliant family homework project from earlier in the year. Every child took one of the cardboard letters home. Then the children got to work under parental supervision. 
VOILA!

photo of: Alphabet Homework via RainbowsWithinReach

photo of: Alphabet homework Bulletin Board via RainbowsWithinReach

Our Mrs. Brunner was agonizing that the alphabet had become incomplete over the ensuing months in my photo above. So we found the two letters that had fallen down. So you can see them up close and personal. 

photo of: Alphabet Homework via RainbowsWithinReach

Here's a simple and clever writing project underway in plenty of time for Mother's Day. 

photo of: Writing Rubric for Common Core in Kindergarten (for Mother's Day) at RainbowsWithinReach
Common Core Writing in Kindergarten -- for Mother's Day 

I will need to add this writing prompt into my Mother's Day RoundUP. You need that earlier article if you're still looking for gift ideas! Can you 'feel' the Common Core calling out from this writing prompt experience? Common Core and Kindergarten!

photo of: Mother's Day RoundUP of Gift Ideas via RainbowsWithinReach

Here's the way she displays her student work, just over her teacher's desk. Those are precut foam circles that you can get at a big craft store. She has permanently attached a clothespin to the circle and then affixed the clothespins to the wall.... so she can 'just' clip new projects into view. Of course I adore the happy polka dots, but my favorite part of the display is the title: "Kinertastic Work." 

photo of: Kindertastic Work Bulletin Board with permanent 'spots' for display via RainbowsWithinReach

I'll conclude today with a delightful display in the room's corner -- over by the windows. 

photo of: Classic "Hungry Caterpillar" Display via RainbowsWithinReach

Yup. I've already had a "Hungry Caterpillar" article -- filled with inspiration for spring! 


photo of: Very Hungry Caterpillar Art Responses (Via RainbowsWithinReach)

Hope that all of these ideas inspire you 
as you begin to daydream about starting all over again next fall. 
When do you choose a new 'theme' for your classroom setting? 
By all means, please pin. 
It will help you save your favorite idea and I will be grateful for the ripples of readers your pin will send my way! 

If you've enjoyed this episode of my 'classroom crashing' then I know 
you'll appreciate this earlier episode. 
Even the anchor charts are color coordinated with the room theme! 

photo of: "Classroom" Organization on a Color Scheme

Follow Me on Pinterest
I'm now at 117,869 followers!     
Click this link to go there directly! 
Pre-K, Kindergarten, First, Second, Third, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth - TeachersPayTeachers.com
Now at 301 followers!
 -- Debbie -- 

***I've gone window shopping at Amazon, where I'm a new affiliate.
Clicking from here to shop supports my efforts. 

1 comment:

  1. Such adorable ideas!!! Thank you for always sharing wonderful ideas! :)
    Cheryl
    Crayons and Curls

    ReplyDelete

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...