Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Painted Murals in Schools and Libraries

photo of: Murals in Schools and Libraries (RoundUP via RainbowsWIthinReach)

WELCOME or WELCOME BACK! 
It's time for another of my 'roundUPs.'
I search back through my photo files --
and pull together photos around a common denominator.
This time the theme is MURALS! 

These are all images I've seen during my travels 
making Author-Illustrator school + library visits. 

ENJOY!!!

photo of: Mural RoundUP from Library

photo of: Mural RoundUP from Library

photo of: Library Mural: Wild About Books

The 'old Art Teacher' in me is especially fond of documenting the Art rooms on my visits. Take a look at these exciting portals-to-creativity. 

photo of: Painted Welcome Mural to Art Room

photo of: Painted Welcome Mural to Art Room


photo of: Art Room Door Welcome

photo of: Art Room Door Welcome

Last spring I got to make a Florida visit to Garden Elementary and meet my inspirational cyber-blogging buddy, Art teacher Joanna Davis. She is responsible for this reading-incentive mural below and orchestrating the habitat mural by her students on beyond. You can follow her adventures at We Heart Art. 

photo of: Mural for Elementary School  Readers

photo of: Mural for Elementary School  Readers


This is one of my VERY favorite, student created murals! 
Every year the art teacher creates a new mural and has the students create the work! 
OCEAN! 
OCEAN! 
OCEAN MURAL!

Ocean Mural in the School via RainbowsWithinReach
"It takes all kinds of fish to make a school." 
















photo of: Florida Wildlife Habitat Student Mural

photo of: Florida Wildlife Habitat Student Mural

photo of: Florida Wildlife Habitat Student Mural

These next several 'kindergarten-themed' murals were commissioned by a dedicated kindergarten teacher for inspiration in the kindergarten classroom. AMAZING!

photo of: Kindergarten Painted Wall Mural

photo of: Kindergarten Painted Wall Mural

photo of: Kindergarten Painted Wall Mural Kissing Hand

photo of: Kindergarten Painted Wall Mural: Attitude

photo of: Kindergarten Painted Wall Mural: My Teacher Believes in Me

photo of: Kindergarten Painted Wall Mural: Teamwork Makes the Dream Work

photo of: Kindergarten Painted Wall Mural: Teamwork Makes the Dream Work

photo of: Mural in Elementary School

photo of: Mural in Elementary School: Music Theme

photo of: Mural in Elementary School: Hungry Caterpillar

photo of: Mural in Elementary School: Hungry Caterpillar

photo of: Mural in Elementary School: Hungry Caterpillar

photo of: Mural in Elementary School: Hungry Caterpillar

photo of: Elementary School Mural: No David Theme

photo of: Elementary School Mural

photo of: Elementary School Mural on Character Traits

photo of: Elementary School Mural on Character Traits

photo of: School Bulletin Board Race Car Theme
Matching Bulletin Board on Character Traits in Elementary School 

photo of: Painted Mural: Christopher Robin

photo of: Painted Mural Winnie the Pooh Theme

photo of: Mural in Elementary School

photo of: Mural in School Cafeteria Astronaut Theme
Mural in the School Cafeteria 

photo of: "Our Family Tree" Painted Mural in Elementary School

photo of: "Our Family Tree" Painted Mural in Elementary School

photo of: Peter Pan Mural from Public Library
Peter Pan Supervises the Library

photo of: Dragon Mural in Public Library

My day last year in Reggio Emilia, Italy afforded me the opportunity to sing for the Italian children. In the process I was able to photograph some of the most dazzling 'children's murals' I have ever seen. The children's drawings were enlarged and painted by professional artists. These amazing works spanned the two story foyer of the new building.  
photo of: Reggio Emilia, children's drawings in Reggio Italy, enlarged children's drawings
Reggio Emilia, Italy Two Story Mural from Child's Drawing 


photo of: Reggio Emilia, Italy Children's Drawings Enlarged into Two Story Foyer

The ultimate of all the ultimate murals? This one I shared  here earlier from my end of the year visit. It is certainly worth repeating. It was created from 'UPcycled' materials: lids, and tops of all colors and sizes. The amazing part of the story is that its first life was at the Franklin Park Conservatory. The entire mural was REcycled to Sutter Park Elementary for further appreciation. 

photo of: Upcycled Cooperative Mural from Bottle Lids and Tops

In the manner of how all things work together for good........... just hours ago I received an email from the very brains behind the mural above. This post was already scheduled to go live this afternoon. WOW. Here's the email I JUST RECEIVED!!


"I happened to see your post about the Blooms & Butterflies mural at Sutter Park Elementary in Worthington. I am the designer of bottle cap projects as well as that specific mural. It was created in the Spring/Summer of 2007. I designed and painted the mural here in my studio and "capped" the upper 4 feet. Then we installed all 8 panels at the Conservatory and children were encouraged to continue the capping on the lower 4 feet. Thank you so much for your enthusiasm and promotion of the mural. Plus, I am happy to hear that the mural has found a new home. I had heard from the FPC that it was destined for a local school...but I did not know where.

I travel the country to visit elementary schools as an artist-in-residence as well! My very first cap project was at Worthington Hills Elementary in 2004 working with the art teacher, Ted Dennison. Since then, I am happy to say, it seems an entire world has been inspired to make art with bottle caps! I've received e-mails as far as away as Australia and China citing my books/web site as an inspiration. Readers of your blog might be interested in seeing my website at: Michelle Bottle Cap Art. "



photo of: UpCycle Mural Details of Bottle Lids and Tops
"Blooms + Butterflies" by Michelle Stitzlein 
Have you downloaded your freebie copy of my Mp3 "Going to the Library"? 
click here
photo of: Freebie Mp3 copy of "Going to the Library" by Debbie Clement

-- Debbie -- 
By all means please pin your favorites! 

8 comments:

  1. YAY! love seeing our hallways on your blog!!! i am 1,000,000,000,000,000% in LUUUUURVE with the eric carle one and the david ones. OMG. it is taking every ounce in me to not go out and buy buckets of paint RIGHT NOW.

    SIGH.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! You are quick. You read my article before I even had all of the links inserted. There's now a way for folks to find your blog and all of your incredible ideas. I'm only to happy to offer you the inspired one, some inspiration! Consider yourself hugged, Joanna!

      Debbie

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. That's why I LUV getting to be in so many different schools + libraries! It's like a continual feast for the eyes and heart. Thanks for popping over! I'm so appreciative of your support, Crystal.

      Debbie

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Every comment means so much to me. Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback.

      Debbie

      Delete
  4. wish I was talented enough to create one of these pictures on my own wall.

    Melissa
    Pre-Schooler Daze

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melissa, maybe there's a talented parent or grand-parent that could lend a hand. These are incredible examples of what is possible. Keep thinking of all of the possibilities.

      Debbie

      Delete

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...