Friday, August 10, 2012

Fine Motor Leads to Fine Arts Part 25

photo of: Fine Motor Leads to Fine Arts Part 25 with RainbowsWithinReach

FINE MOTOR FRIDAY!!!!! 
Welcome or WELCOME BACK!!!

This is our 25th romp focusing on fine motor development and looking at how those skills connect to an appreciation and participation in Fine Arts. What better way to begin than by looking at a 'class book' on friendship? 


photo of: Fine Motor Development in Young Children: "What I Like to Do with My Friend" Class Book

These are preschool drawings from a setting for children with special needs and their typical peers. The children draw in magic marker so that their drawings are easily 'copied' and each student receives their own edition of the class book for their home library. SWEET!

photo of: Class Book of Preschool Drawings on Friendship via RainbowsWithinReach

Needless to say there is a wide range of capability within such a classroom. The challenge for teachers is to always be moving each child 'forward' in their own personal quest to conquer skill development no mater what the starting point.


photo of: Fine Motor Work on Work Sheet

I have spoken often here of the Arts infused haven-we-call-home for the summer season. Our peninsula recently hosted a week long Plein Air Painting festival which culminates in a Saturday 'paint-off' at the dock. Included in the day's festivities is the opportunity for children to participate. Can you believe I just 'happened' upon this young artist as she envisioned a rainbow-within-her-reach? What a treat for me to watch over her shoulder.

photo of: Child Painting a Rainbow at an Easel (via RainbowsWithinReach)

This is an exciting back-to-school season for me, as I have made a leap in technology. This will be the first time that I am able to make my songs available for immediate digital download. I have joined the stampede to Teacher's Pay Teachers. I am getting underway with my UBBER science friendly song, "Pollywog." Let's peek at the materials I've created. 

photo of: Quilt Illustrations to Support Frog Metamorphosis using the song "Pollywog"

My premiere unit is available for your immediate purchase and will arrive in your email inbox as a 'zip' file with all of the materials that you'll need. Included in the zip-file is an Mp3 version of my original song, "Pollywog." In addition to the song there are 24 pages of material for you to print and for you to use to your heart's content over the years ahead. These pages are ones that I've developed to support your use of my song and extend the children's learning into the realm of science through the process of fine motor development. 

The four verses of the song are brought to life in the full color 'illustrations' pictured above, that I've created for you in fabric as small quilts. The song is only 4 verses long, but I've even included a quilt for the 'punchline' -- as the fifth quilt. My intent is that you'll print them out and laminate each for your creative use in smaller centers as well as your whole group circle time together. 

This worksheet is what I envision being one of the choices in your writing center. First color the line art and cut out the four images. Then they need to be pasted into position for the cycle to continue. 

photo of: Fine Motor Worksheet for Frog Life Cycle


There's a group of Top Teachers who have been holding my hand.... 
Edging me forward. 
Teaching me the ropes. 
Offering their encouragement. 
Showing me the way. 
Teaching me the technology. 

I am so grateful for their shining examples.
My first baby step forward. 
Thank you Top Teachers!!!! 

Make your way around their blogs to see what products they've created..... 
for your back to school shopping and beyond!

-- Debbie --

photo of: Back-to-School Teachers Pay Teachers Product Premiere
LOVE A SALE?
It's coming!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LUV to hear from you! Please leave your thoughts so we can interact!!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...