Monday, May 7, 2012

Circles in Art


CIRCLES!!! CIRCLES!!! CIRCLES!!!!
I've mentioned several gazillion times that I'm a fan of circles! 
The circle paintings above are currently on display at Darby Creek Elementary.
They make you smile, right?   
Art teachers are at the top of my happy list of hero-people. 

"Teachers are my Heros" (my favorite bumper sticker + oh, so true!)

This time of year is wild and wooly for Art teachers the world over as they prepare to display incredible projects from months of student effort. 
Mr. Harris brings out the best of his K-5th graders in Hilliard, OH.
You'll get to peek at all of their amazing work over the weeks to come! 

It's been a couple of weeks since my Garden Elementary School Author-Visit with the brilliant, Joanna Davis as Art teacher coordinating all of the details.

Joanna keeps her own blog at "Our Art Lately" which is how we met! 
I captured her student's weavings on re-purposed CDs as we zipped through her Art room in Florida. 

This awesome exploration of "The Dot" picture book by a kindergartner was also laying on her counter. 
 

Garden Elementary School Collaborative Circle Mural
I put together this photo-collage of snippets of her collaborative circle painting mural for my reflection over at PreK+K Sharing to launch the month of May. I think it bears repeating in the midst of all of these kindred circles. 

So.......I went to Joanna's blog to get the URL to share and just-this-minute find her 're-cap' article, complete with incredible photographs of our day together. The woman has many talents and photographer is also in her repertoire. 
LUV, it JOANNA!! LUV it, LUV it, LUV it!!!

Look at what I  just found on her blog!!! 
Debbie Clement and fans at Garden Elementary, Venice FL

Now back to the circle in our all media exploration.
Darby Creek Elementary, Hilliard OH: ceramic pieces before and after glaze and firing process

Spring. Circles. We must have some famous children-literature represented. 
Behold: THE most famous caterpillar of all time.
Very Hungry Caterpillar Bulletin Preschool Bulletin Board made out of tissue paper: Hosanna Lutheran, Pataskala OH.


These lesser known caterpillars are equally cheery in my book!! 
They, too are constructed of tissue paper. 

The two caterpillar masterpieces above are from Scioto Darby as well as the 'circular-print' below. 

Look closely at the title, "Bug's name: Daddy ant." 
LUV it!!


Hanging on Mrs. Price's desk is some serious kindergarten circle love.
BOLD! Graphic!!! LUV me my circles!! 
 It's been over twenty years since my chapter as an elementary Art teacher. 

Visiting as an 'Artist-in-the-Schools' in these buildings, each directed by a brilliant teacher of the Arts, gives me a thrill all over again -- at just what is possible.

-- Debbie --

There's still plenty of time to get registered for my contest give-away!! 
All three of my picture books: signed + personalized! 
Go back to this article for the details + to sign up.  

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!

Thanks for your support! I am so appreciative of your pins!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...